Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday night Chicken Dumpling Noodle Soup

What do you feel like on a cold winter's night after a hard day at the office?  A delicious Dumpling Noodle Soup.   So quick, easy, healthy and light.  I always make enough for lunch at work the next day.

Ingredients:  Chicken Stock, Noodles (I used Rice Noodles), Dumplings (I used Chicken and also Pork and Chives), Chinese Cabbage, Mushrooms, Bean Sprouts, Spring Onions, Chillies, Coriander and Thai Basil.








And I seasoned the chicken stock with a few drops of Sesame Oil, a good splash of Chinese Rice Wine and a big glug of Fish Sauce.  I add the HoiSin Sauce at the end.


My process - heat the chicken stock and sauces, add a handful of chopped spring onion, coriander and all the chillies (I used three), together with the mushrooms.  Meanwhile add the rice noodles to a pan of boiled water until separated.  Add the dumplings to the soup, and the cabbage. 



Place a handful of rinsed bean sprouts into the serving bowl, add a large handful of the drained noodles, then spoon over the soup, dumplings and vegetables, then sprinkle with chopped Spring Onions, Coriander and Thai Basil.  Add a dollop of Hoi Sin Sauce and extra Chilli Sauce if desired. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment