Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dinner at Wharf Restaurant

We were taken to dinner last night at the Wharf Restaurant, Pier 4, Walsh Bay.  Amazing location especially at night with views to die for - so pretty with all the lights. 


Long long walk to the end of the pier, and a lovely place to dine on a nice sunny day or warm night.  But last night it was rather quiet (not like the picture below), and absolutely freezing.  You are surrounded by glass, and the wind just blows under the floorboards.  Even with heaters (but not enough of them), it was freezing.


We were a table of 9 - not always easy, but the service was good, and efficient.  I started with the Crystal Bay Prawn Cake with Roast Cherry Tomato & Marinated Feta - looked pretty, but the 'cake' was very ordinary and rather tasteless, so I left most of it.   And I was starving!  Pretty is not enough.



I then had the Roast Farm Chicken with Sage, Almonds and NZ Yams (which were weird).   I can't say it looked pretty and the chicken was cold in parts and the strange too thick slice of breast(?) on the top was inedible.  Very very ordinary.



The Herb Crumbed Blue-Eye Trevalla on Spinach with a Lemon Mustard Dressing again looked good, as did the Steak, and I think both were enjoyed.  Guess I made the wrong choices!!!



So I think even on a lovely sunny Sunday you wouldn't get me back there.  Chefs Aaron Ross and Tim Pak Poy need a bit of a kick!

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment