Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pork with Peppercorns

I saw this recipe by Bill Granger in Delicious magazine (which I really like), and thought it looked like a delicious and easy mid week meal.  Not a big fan of green peppercorns per se, but.... thought I would give it a go.
If you click on the picture, you should be able to easily read the ingredients - which are Pork, Green Curry Paste (I used Charmaine Solomon), Olive Oil (I used Peanut Oil), Green Chillies, Green Beans, Coconut Milk, Fish Sauce, White Sugar, Green Peppercorns and Basil Leaves.

When I try a new recipe, I like to 'sort of' stick to the suggested ingredients to see how it turns out.  However, I had to add one White Onion, sliced into eighths and two chopped Garlic Cloves - no question about it.  The rest I followed as per the recipe.

With a few changes, this is a lovely dish which is why I have included it in the blog.

First of all I only had Pork Loin Steaks which I sliced.  Next time I would use Tenderloin Fillet - wouldn't be as 'firm' when cooked.

Secondly, as I suspected, replace the green peppercorns with coarsely chopped black peppercorns.  Much softer and less bitter.

I served the dish with Quinoa cooked in chicken stock.  Delicious meal, but would be much better with black peppercorns.   Will try it again and let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment